REGISTRATION LIMITS FOR MANY EVENTS HAVE BEEN INCREASED AS OF FRIDAY, MARCH 17th 11:00 p.m.
NOTE: When registering you will be asked if you wish to take part in the barbecue on Saturday night. Your choices are: no, ribs, chicken or vegetarian. You will be asked how many tickets you would like for each choice (other than 'no'). To expedite your registration process it is advisable for you to determine the answer to these questions ahead of time. You will also be asked for your shirt size for the commemorative competition shirt which is a part of your registration package.
B.C.'s FIRST PROVINCIAL PICKLEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
Sponsored by Pickleball Depot
Sanctioned by Pickleball Canada
Open to Residents of B.C. Only (as verified by Driver's License if required)
Must be a Pickleball Canada and a Pickleball B.C. member in good standing throughout the tournament.
Women's Singles. Brackets: 3.0 Any Age
3.5 Any Age
4.0 Any Age
4.5+ Any Age
Men's Singles. Brackets: 3.0 Any Age
3.5 Any Age
4.0 Any Age
4.5 Any Age
5.0+ Any Age
Women's Doubles, Men's Doubles, Mixed Doubles
Categories: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0+
Age Groups: Any Age, 55+, 65+
Thursday, May 11 - NATIONAL BANK FINANCIAL Women's & Men's Singles
Friday, May 12, 2023 - OKAPED Women's Doubles
Saturday, May 13 - PARC RETIREMENT LIVING Mixed Doubles
Sunday, May 14 - DISCOVERY MORTGAGE & HOME EQUITY BANK Men's Doubles
Events will run from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily
Twenty-four courts: 12 indoors on outdoor surface plus 12 outdoor courts (converted from Tennis)
Round Robin in pools - 1 game to 15, win by 2, no cap
* Semi-Final - 1 game to 15, win by 2, no cap
* Bronze medal game - 1 game to 15, win by 2, no cap
* Gold Medal Game - best 2 out 3 to 11, win by 2, no cap
In an event if there is only one pool of 5 or less then there will be no semi-final.
* Bronze Medal Game - 3rd place vs 4th place, best 2 out 3 to 11, win by 2, no cap
* Gold Medal Game - 1st place vs 2nd place, best 2 out 3 to 11, win by 2, no cap
Registration $80 plus $15 for each event. Payment is only through 'Stripe' within the Pickleball Brackets system. It accepts both credit and debit cards.
* Registration opens on March 12, 2023, at 9 a.m. and closes on April 15, 2023, at 9 p.m.
* All Registration is through Pickleball Brackets where you must have established a profile.
In doubles events, at least one of the partners must be at the correct skill level. The 2nd partner may be no more than one skill level (0.5) lower.
* A pair's status in the tournament is not verified until the 2nd partner registers. Failure of the 2nd partner to register within two (2) days of the 1st player registering may jeopardize the status of the pair.
* You may change partners any time prior to the registration cutoff. However, doing so may put your registration into the wait list.
* Changes may be allowed after registration is cut off, but you can only choose a new partner from those not currently partnered. The Tournament Director must be informed and has the right to veto a new partnership.
ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER AN EVENT
* Age: An older player may play in a younger age group. A younger player may not play in an older age group. Age is determine as of December 31st, 2023.
* Skill Level: The skill level of players is determined by their data in their Pickleball Brackets profile. The priority for determining a player's skill level is their Canadian Tournament Player Rating (CTPR). If that is lacking then their Pickleball Bracket profile tournament rating, and if that is lacking their Pickleball Bracket self-rating for that Event.
The tournament director reserves the right to:
* review, and possibly alter the rating of players who self-rate below or above their actual rating.
* move players and teams between skill level brackets if on verification the wrong event has been entered.
* merge or split brackets based on event registration.
* change start times
* Paddles must be USAPA approved paddles
* Ball: The tournament ball is Franklin X-40
* Clothing: If a player is wearing clothing that is the same colour as the ball, s/he might be asked to change apparel by the Tournament Director.
All matches, where possible, will be refereed.
FOOD and FUN
* Food trucks will be on site.
* A beer garden will also be on site. It is a cash or credit cards will be accepted. Please do not participate until you have finished your games for the day.
* Spectators are welcome. There is limited seating so a portable chair is advisable.
SATURDAY EVENING BBQ
* Enjoy a BBQ and Entertainment on Saturday evening at the OWC Pickleball Complex. Silver Star Rotary will be preparing the BBQ with all proceeds going to their various community projects. Menu choices: 1/2 rack of Ribs; 2 BBQ chicken breasts; or vegetarian lasagna. Purchase tickets with your registration.
ENJOY NON-PICKLEBALL ACTIVITIES - here are some ideas
* Ride the amazing lake shore Okanagan Rail Trail
* 50% off Bike Rentals for the Tournament weekend at Kalavida Surf Shop
Use Discount code BCPPT2023
The link to the Kalavida Surf Shop booking site is… https://kalavidasurfshop.com/rentals/
* Guided and self-guided Wine tours
* Visit Davison Orchards for fresh local fruit and yummy treats (www.davisonorchards.ca)
* Sample cider & enjoy a fine dining option at Cambium Cidery Co. (www.cambiumcider.com)
* Sample award winning spirits at Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery (www.okanaganspirits.com)
* World class Golf Courses
Vernon Golf & Country Club (www.vernongolf.com)
The Rise Golf Course (www.therisegolf.ca)
Predator Ridge Resort (www.predatorridge.com)
Washrooms are located at the back of the adjacent soccer building. There are no shower facilities.
Spectators are welcome but there is limited seating. Please consider bringing folding chairs.
Check out the tournament hotels below. If you are looking for accommodation, please support these hotels as they support the tournament!