WE WELCOME YOU TO COME OUT AND TO HAVE SOME FUN AT OUR COURTS - Hopefully the third time's the lucky charm.
As we hopefully shed the last vestiges of winter in late March this year please come out and jump into spring with us at Yellowhead West. Join in the fun and camaraderie at our inaugural tournament in the Heritage Park Pavilion in Stony Plain, Alberta. This Tournament has had to be rescheduled scheduled twice since March 2020 and the again in March 2021 because of CoVid. We are really hoping the 3rd time will be the charm. We have held the spots of the original tournament registrants and are giving them first chance to re register and adjust their spot due to partner and skill changes that have happened during the interim.
After this is completed regular registration will commence.
This tournament is meant to be a competitive fun doubles tournament for all skill levels and to showcase the Pavilion. The tournament is sanctioned by Pickleball Canada and Pickleball Alberta whose principal’s guidance and knowledge have been invaluable in planning the original and staying on course through the pandemic. We sure hope to see you out on our courts for this tournament.
This tournament will follow a round robin format followed by a single elimination medal round. This is a sanctioned tournament. Skill events will be available in Men's, Women's and Mixed Doubles. Women will be on March 18, Mixed on March 19 and Men on March 20.
Event schedule by day will be available shortly, event scheduling by time will be completed closer to the event based on event sizes.
• Tournament Sanctioning: IS NOW SANCTIONED by PCO. You do have to be a member of Pickleball Canada to play in the tournament. If you are a current member please have your valid number available as you will be asked for it.
• Registration - $35 includes first event, second event $15. There is an additional $2.00 online processing fee that will be added at the time of checkout.
• The only way to register for the tournament is online through the tournament site on Pickleball Brackets (PBB). You have to have an account set up with Pickleball Brackets. If you do not, create one prior to registering in tournament.
• For a guaranteed spot in the tournament, the second partner must register within three days of the first partner's registration. Teams that are incomplete after THREE days will be moved to the waiting list. Once the second partner registers, the team will be entered into the event IF THERE IS STILL ROOM IN THE EVENT AND THE TOURNAMENT. When entering who your partner is you will be prompted to search if they have a PBB account. If they do have an account select them there. If they do not have an account you will be prompted to enter their name and an email address for them. Make sure you use the email they will use to set up their PBB account
• Online waiver acceptance is used. Waiver can be reviewed by downloading it.
• Online payment via PayPal is available. PayPal allows credit and debit card payments.
The organizing committee reserves the right to cap the number of registrants on any one day of the tournament when the facilities/schedule reach capacity.
PICKLEBALL CANADA REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
This is a Pickleball Canada sanctioned tournament. All registrants must be members in good standing through March 22, 2022, to play in this tournament.
Here is a link to check for your PCO member#
The tournament director reserves the right to review, and possibly alter the rating of players who self-rate below or above their actual rating.
It is important that players who do not yet have a CTPR because they have not participated in their first sanctioned event go to the following link at PCO and complete the requested online player questionnaire. This is a one time requirement to help the PCO Ratings Group gather player data and provide guidance if required.
• Players must enter events based (1) upon their current CTPR Tournament rating,(2) their Pickleball Brackets profile tournament rating, or a standard skill level bracket that may be supported by a UTPR or current level level at club play. When registering at least one player must have a rating matching that event bracket.
The tournament reserves the right to move players and teams between skill level brackets if on verification the wrong event has been entered.
EQUIPMENT and FACILITIES
• Players must use USA Pickleball & IFP approved paddles.
• Official Tournament Ball to be used is Onix Fuse Indoor Ball Orange
• 6 Indoor Courts - Only lines on floor are the Pickleball Court Lines
• Large spacious wash/change rooms adjacent to the courts
• Water fountain and bottle filler adjacent to courts
Practice Sessions will be available to book in the two weeks prior to the tournament.
The tournament reserves the right to combine brackets at their sole discretion based on participation numbers.
Cancellation deadline is March 11, 2022. No refunds for any reason after that date. Cancellations prior to that date are subject to a $10 administration fee. Your spot in the tournament is not guaranteed until your partner has registered and all fees have been paid in full.
An email will be sent out closer to the event detailing pre-tournament practice opportunities.
We look forward to seeing you at the Pavilion in Heritage Park, Stony Plain, Alberta
Cancellation deadline is 12 noon March 11, 2022. No refunds for any reason after that date. Cancellations prior to that date are subject to a $10 administration fee. Your spot in the tournament is not guaranteed until your partner has registered and all fees have been paid in full.