Maryland Senior Olympics 2024 Pickleball Tournament
* Thursday, May 16 - men's singles and women's singles
* Friday, May 17 - men's doubles
* Saturday, May 18 - mixed doubles
* Sunday, May 19 - women's doubles
Thank you for joining us in this qualifying year for the National Senior Games. Our goal is to continue to improve the player experience as Pickleball experiences massive growth and is one of the largest events hosted by the Maryland Senior Olympics. This year we have expanded skill levels to three (3.0 and below, 3.5, and 4.0 and above). In addition, we will be hosting the event at dedicated indoor Pickleball facilities. To accommodate the growth of the Maryland Senior Olympic Pickleball event, we will be using two Dill Dinker facilities. However, despite expanding the number of players we can host, the events tend to fill up quickly, and with more skill levels, there are fewer spots available at each level than in the past. So if you are thinking of playing, sign up now to claim your spot. But if you miss out, be sure to sign up for the waitlist, as many events will likely be expanded as we get closer to the event. We look forward to seeing you on the courts.
- Your Tournament Directors
Out-of-state registration opens 2/22/24. Maryland residents can register with an out-of-state partner. On 2/22/24, registration will be open to players who live outside of Maryland. Please be sure to have your partner register as soon as possible because teams in which both partners are NOT registered are moved to the waitlist 20 days after the initial partner registered for an event.
Your age is based on your age on 12/31/24.
Partnering with someone younger? Register in the younger age group!
Division I: 4.0 & above - one player on a team must be rated 4.0 or above.
Division II: 3.5 - open to all skill levels rated under 4.0.
Division III: 3.0 and below (this can include players rated up to 3.49)
Round Robin Pool Play (divisions / age groups may be combined for play, placement will still be within each division and age group). Tournament Director has the right to make changes to format, adjust age brackets, or other items if needed.
The fee is $50 which includes one event, each additional event is $5. You will also pay the pickleball brackets administrative fee of $5 for one event and $10 for two or more events.
• From February 8-February 21, pickleball registration is open for Maryland residents only;
• Starting February 22, pickleball registration is open for everyone ages 50 and above, starting at 8 a.m.;
• MSO pickleball registration closes May 2 at 11:55 p.m., or when capacity is reached;
• Any registered player not linked to a registered partner within 20 days of their initial registration will automatically be moved to the waiting list. If space is available when your partner registers, you will be moved back into the event automatically.
This is a qualifying event for the opportunity to compete in the 2025 National Senior Games in Des Moines, Iowa from July 24 - August 4.
Registration for all other MSO events is separate and will open early spring, link through our website.
* We will be playing indoors at two Dill Dinker facilities (Finksburg, MD and Columbia, MD).
* Each day, the events will be split between the two facilities. On the day of your event, all of your events for the day will be at the same venue.
* If you are playing in multiple events, it is possible you could be at different venues on different days.
* We will look to initially split the venues by age groups for all doubles events. For singles events we will look to initially split the venues by gender.
* At this time, no decision has been made as to what events will be played at either venue.
* The split will be dependent on registrations.
Refunds (less a $15 processing fee) must be requested in writing no later than two weeks prior to your first event. No refunds will be issued after that date. In the event of rescheduling, the Maryland Senior Olympics Commission will maintain a flexible policy on refunds if you cannot participate on the rescheduled date.