Come check out where the Provincial Championships are going to be held in May: court surface, balls, format. A low key one-day tournament.
Must be a Pickleball Canada member in good standing throughout the
Event: Mixed Doubles
Categories: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
Age Groups: Any Age, 60+
Saturday, April 15
Events will run from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
12 indoors on outdoor surface
Round Robin in pools - 1 game to 15, win by 2, no cap
* Semi-Final - 1 game to 15, win by 2, no cap
* Bronze medal game - 1 game to 15, win by 2, no cap
* Gold Medal Game - best 2 out 3 to 11, win by 2, no cap
In an event, if there is only one pool then there will be no semi-final.
* Bronze Medal Game - 3rd place vs 4th place, 1 to 15, win by 2, no cap
* Gold Medal Game - 1st place vs 2nd place, best 2 out 3 to 11, win by 2, no cap
Registration $35.00. Payment is only through Stripe within the Pickleball
Brackets system. It accepts both credit and debit cards.
* Registration opens on February 26, 2023, at 9 a.m. and closes on March 31, 2023, at 9 p.m.
* All Registration is through Pickleball Brackets where you must have established a profile.
In doubles events, at least one of the partners must be at the correct skill level. The 2nd partner
may be no more than one skill level (0.5) lower.
A pair's status in the tournament is not verified until the 2nd partner registers. Failure of the
2nd partner to register within two (2) days of the 1st player registering may jeopardize the
status of the pair.
ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER AN EVENT
* Age: An older player may play in a younger age group. A younger player may not play in an
older age group
* Skill Level: The skill level of players is determined by their data in their Pickleball Brackets
profile. The priority for determining a player's skill level is their Pickleball Bracket profile tournament rating, and if that is lacking their Pickleball Bracket self-rating for that Event.
The tournament director reserves the right to:
* review, and possibly alter the rating of players who self-rate below or above their actual
* move players and teams between skill level brackets if on verification the wrong event has
* merge or split brackets based on event registration.
* change start times
* Paddles must be USAPA approved paddles
* Ball: The tournament ball is Franklin
* Clothing: If a player is wearing clothing that is the same colour as the ball, s/he might be
asked to change apparel by the Tournament Director.
Some matches may be officiated. If you are willing to referee, please sign up on the
Referee tab on the top of this page. Your assistance is appreciated.
*Participants should bring their own food as none will be provided. Fast food restaurants are near by - 5
Washrooms are located in the back of the adjacent building. There are no shower facilities.
Spectators are welcome. Seating is limited so please bring your own camping chair. At this time of year it will likely be cool in the pickleplex so warm clothes are recommended .