WA Pickleball Championships 2024
Feb 02, 2024 - Feb 04, 2024
Gold Netball Centre - 200 Selby St Jolimont, Western Australia 6014 Australia
All start times are subject to change and events might be merged or split based on event registration.
Welcome to the Western Australian State Championships Tournament scheduled on February 2nd, 3rd & 4th February 2024 at the Gold Netball Centre in Jolimont, Perth.
The Gold Centre is a licensed venue with a cafeteria, so food and drinks are for available to purchase.
This is a Pickleball Australia SANCTIONED tournament.
This tournament will use the current USA Pickleball (USAPA) rules. They can be found at: https://usapickleball.org/what-is-pickleball/official-rules/
Specific details are listed below:
Registration Opens: 27th November, 2023 @ 8am
Registration Closes: 22nd January, 2024 @ 8pm Due to exceeding entrant capacity required to close 20th Jan
- To register you will need to create a free Pickleball Brackets login and profile. Profile must contain your contact number, email & PAA ID number.
- You may enter in more than one event during the tournament but all events need to be in a different categories e.g. Mixed Doubles, Doubles, Singles. There may be an opportunity towards the end of the registration period to open this further.
- Western Australian residents registering must be a PAWA Ordinary member, or PAWA Junior member including PAA membership.
- Registrants from other Australian states, or international must hold current PAA membership.
- EARLY BIRD before 11:59pm 7th Jan 2024 - $35.00/player including First Event. Second & Third Events are $15.00 each.
- After 11:59pm 7th Jan 2024 - $45.00/player including First Event. Second & Third Events are $15.00 each.
- Friday - Singles
- Saturday - Doubles
- Sunday - Mixed Doubles
Qualifying games will be a round robin format and finals will be elimination
- You can play in more than one event during the tournament but a max of 1 events on each day.
- Qualifying matches will be 1 game to 15.
- Medal finals matches will be best out of three games to 11.
- Players are guaranteed three games.
- Medals will be awarded to Gold, Silver and Bronze winning competitors for each bracket.
If you are unavoidably detained and it appears that you will not arrive in time for your game/match, please contact the Tournament Director. We can may be able to adjust the schedule and consider options but your game may result in a forfeit.
If you are more than 10 minutes late for your game your result may be a forfeit!
PAA are commencing an Australia Rankings (AR) system across Australia. This will be available for players to receive ranking at all State Championships. The events will be all "Open" and "50+ Advanced" events with the initials "AR" in the event title.
At this point of time in Western Australia our members ratings are not yet at a mature point therefore we have named the skill in events as "Novice", "Intermediate" and "Advanced". The skill level selected must be that of the most highest player in the team.
Please carefully consider your skill level, as the Tournament Officials will know the majority of players and will reserve the right, with consultation, to reallocate players into skill levels that reflects their skill level.
The tournament director reserves the right to:
- review, and possibly alter the rating of players who self-rate below or above their actual ability.
- move players and teams between skill level brackets if on verification the wrong event has been entered.
- merge or split brackets based on event registration. Any event with fewer than 4 entries will be combined with another event of closest possible standard.
- change start times to facilitate smooth running of the tournament
- The tournament director reserves the right to modify the events and/or schedule as needed pending influences beyond our control (ie. Fire drill, Covid restrictions, etc).
- Skill Levels: For Doubles, you must sign up at the skill level of the higher rated partner.
Refunds are available up until the close of registration but will incur a $5 service fee.
No refunds will be offered once registration is closed.
Gold Netball Centre
200 Selby St
Western Australia 6014
Surface Type: Sport Court
Play Area Type: Indoor Air Conditioned
Net Type: Portable
Number of Courts: 12
Parking: No Fee
Significant Free Parking but if full any illegal parking is heavily monitored. Pay attention to verge signage.
Max Events Per Registration
Guaranteed Games Per Event